- Be updated with airfare promos and able to grab the opportunity to book those promo fares. Keep this in mind - whenever there's a holiday or a special event, airlines like Cebu Pacific and Air Asia almost always have promos. And when do you need to check? At 12 midnight or 11pm. If you are a night person, that's not a problem. Morning person? Sorry, most of the promo fares were already sold out by that time. But who knows, sometimes, even after 2 days there are still available seats! So, just check their sites. There's no harm in trying
- Compare prices of hotels - booking sites vs. hotel sites. The earlier you book, the cheaper. Two of the booking sites we use are www.agoda.com and www.booking.com for cheap accommodations.
- DIY! No agencies and no packages.. unless you don't want hassle and adventure. And you got to plan and do what you want with your own time.
- Travel in group or be open to be included in a group of strangers that will soon be your friends. The more, the merrier, the cheaper.
- Know how to haggle. Remember, when you are in a tourist destination, the locals expect that you are a tourist and has lots of spare money to spend. They will offer you overpriced items, overpriced tour packages, overpriced fare, overpriced everthing. Haha! So, learn to negotiate. Better yet, be one of the locals. Experience their normal life.