Saturday, May 14, 2016

At This Age



Early 30's.. That is where we are now. Some are already successful and have achieved their dreams. Some are still working towards their goal and little by little are achieving them. Some already have their own family, while some are still waiting for that special someone. Some have already travelled around the world, and some are still searching for the right path to take. No matter what, our lives have already changed since we were kids. 


And with us growing, of course our parents, aunties and uncles, grandmas and grandpas are also getting older. We might have been focused so much on ourselves and our dreams that we have forgotten that they too are getting old. 

We will get reminded of how much we missed when time comes that they get sick or die because of illness or old age. 

My lolo Bido past away last Friday. He was the husband of my grandma's youngest sister. He was sick since 2 years ago and I just learned about it last week. 😩 He was bed-ridden all the while and when we visited him, he was very pale, and thin and silently sleeping. 

I can still remember when we were young. He is that fat little jolly loud man who used to be my father's drinking buddy every time there are occasions like birthdays and fiestas. He used to be in charge of grilling the lechon on those occasions. So, when I saw him sick like that, my heart was broken.

He is just one of those many that I value. But after so many years of living my life, I have forgotten that they still exist. I don't like reunions and family gatherings, that is why I am not updated with what is going on with their lives. It's just sad and heart breaking to hear these kinds of news. 😢

At this age, we can say that we have already achieved what we've wished for several years ago. But, there are still some in our bucket list that are still in progress. While we are busy living our lives and getting what we want, I hope that we don't forget the people that matter to us especially our family. Remember that they are not just important.. They are our everything.

3 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the latest news philippines well done.
    latest news philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about your travelling experience there, but it would be a memorable one.
    manchester airport parking deals

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to tell us what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...